Friday, 10 January 2014

summer sandals (that will see winters, too)

swedish-hasbeens a We are finally having some real summer here now, wooooooo! Of course we had one very hot day in late December but that's for another post very soon *huge smiley face* but seeing as I had to give in and put the heating on just last Monday this summer heat feels wonderful. I went for a run this morning on the beach front, and it was my first one in wamrth and sunshine since... well, I think ever! Yes, it is, I've only done it twice before and the first was my very first run, too, and was sunny and mild, the second was just before Christmas when I did my first 30 minute run and it was cold and grey and pouring with rain, so much so that I was worried about my phone getting wet. But today I finally think I have really kicked this cold (this never ending cold, ahh) and it feels GOOD. My hands are almost back to normal too, and will be getting one good and intense DIY treatment and mani. Dark olive green and gold glitter, maybe?

swedish-hasbeens c swedish-hasbeens d ANYWAY, I wanted to show my new shoes! Well, very new-ish. I got them before Christmas. I finally decided to treat myself to some Swedish Hasbeens, as I'd wanted a pair for years and years and then got info from someone here on how they fit, if they were comfy etc, and then finally they had a sale with their internaional shipping so it all fell into place. I've had this idea for ages now that I want to have a lot less of certain things, including summer shoes. When it's hot I prefer that simplicity, and now I have a black pair of sandals, and these, super simple tan ones. Not too high for good comfort, and a neutral, natural tan colour so that they will go with everything forever. Of course I'll always be the woman who likes to wear her sandals with tights in winter so these will get double the use. And that is a good thing!

I took these pictures before I'd even dared to wear them. They were so perfect and simple and raw, and I love that! I've now worn them a couple of times for shortish distances, and finally caved and rubbed olive oil into them to protect them. It hasn't made them really dark or orange, as I had feared it might, and now I can wear them without having to be super careful with every little step. Socks at first because the leather needs breaking in and then... barefooted as intended!

13 comments:

The girl in oslo said...

Very cute :)

Maddison McConnell said...

Those actually look like perfection!

Maddison McConnell said...

Those actually look like perfection!

Toni-Louise said...

I adore Swedish Hasbeens, i've been after a pair for a while now, may just have to put them on my birthday list. I can't wait for summer to come this way, we've got at least 6 months to go but the count down is on! x

lauren, curious constellation said...

Oh these are also on my list! One day I'll get myself a pair, yours are lovely.

laura redburn said...

i've wanted swedish hasbeens for so long! one day. these are the perfect colour too, and they will definitely go with everything!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

These are gorgeous shoes, I've seen them on other blogs and always thought they looked great. Well done on the running, I've been getting back into exercising this New Year, so far so good. But, the wet, rainy weather has kept me inside here, so hopefully it will give me a break, so I can go outside. The nail colour sounds gorgeous. Have a wonderful weekend doll xx

lingerieandlibraries said...

I've eyed Hasbeens before, as for a while, they were trendy in the US. I'm always worried though about the clomp-clomp-clomp that usually comes from wooden soles.

Jessica Cangiano said...

Terrific new kicks! I wish I'd caught wind of their sale. I've been yearning for a pair myself for years, but their prices are beyond my reach. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the next such sale.

Enjoy your awesome new Swedish Hasbeens - they look like the kind of shoes that will go with everything and get a massive amount of wear.

♥ Jessica

Debs said...

I've not heard of them before but they look super comfortable.

The Black Opal said...

They do look perfect! I've been lusting for hasbeens for a while as well. Please let us know if they are as comfy as they look.

esme and the laneway said...

Maddison McConnell : hehe I thought so too... but they are worn now already :D but still lovely.

Toni-Louise : it'll fly! We have four days over 40C starting tomorrow so I'll try to share some of that heat and sunshine for you :)


laura redburn : exactly! Excellent justification isn't it! :D

The Dainty Dolls House : running in the rain and cold doesn't seem like much fun, but if it's any help: when it was cold grey and rainy here, I just did it. I figured I was going to get sweaty and gross anyway and would have a shower as soon as I got home, and ended up loving in the elements because it made my hot shower that much nicer afterwards! (although I did it in hail once, that felt a bit... wild..!) Well done on getting back into it though after the holidays, especially in winter :D

lingerieandlibraries : the clomp clomp is my favourite thing! The best sound a shoe can make :D

Jessica Cangiano: thank you! Yes they aren't something I could just splurge on any old day of the week :) and they are getting loads of worn so far, so I think it's been worth it..! x

Debs : I am relieved to say they are. I'm still wearing them with socks but I walked to and from a bar the other night, about an hour all up, and they only just started to get sore about 100m from home – success! I will say I kind of miss having a bit more heel height from a looks point of view though :D

The Black Opal : I will! They are so far, for 30 minutes of walking with socks. Next step is to see sock free, but then I've always had problems with that, so... I might be sock-and-sandal all summer!

jana said...

I *just* ordered these this week! I've been wanting Swedish Hasbeens for years. I still want more of a shoe-style (in Bordeaux... GORGEOUS). But these are so versatile and were such a great price, I couldn't resist the urge to own a pair.

Can't wait to see how you style them!!

xoJana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...