Tuesday, 28 January 2014

the wedding headpiece and the veil that was

deco-mirror-wedding-dress b Hello, ah, Tuesday! Feeling very happy and relaxed after the long weekend. We did very little and enjoyed being very anti social, staying cocooned at home, safe on the sofa eating peaches just harvested from a local-ish orchard that had to be cleared. We also finally started watching Game of Thrones and oh, ok, the hype makes sense now – we're HOOKED! Already into season 2. It's going to be a mostly very hot week so I think a few more evenings at home with the air con – and, erm, GoT on the telly – might just be necessary..!

Today is the 28th January, and exactly one month since John and I were married. I've had that time now to enjoy it, and then start to look back at it, put things into their places (mental filing!) and enjoy being a wife. I promise I have plenty of things to share for it, too. It's so important with something so big to let everything settle into place. This is the vintage bridal headpiece I wore. It also had a veil but I washed it afterwards and ruined it – whoops – but I didn't mind at all. Some things are really only meant to be worn once, and it had its moment. I almost didn't wear the headpiece and veil at all, and in the months leading up to it was actually sure I wouldn't. It was only in the final last weeks I thought about how much I'd always liked the idea of the veil... and only on the morning itself I went with it! And it was amazing to have this pale, airy flag flying about my face in the strong hot summer winds, bright white and dazzling and such a symbol for just one thing: a bride. In fact, it helped to make the day feel just that little bit more dramatic, and made me enjoy the crazy wind for a change! deco-mirror-wedding-dress aa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful :) I love that first picture too x

Debs said...

Love the shot of the head piece on the mirror. So wistful and romantic.

beate grigutsch said...

beautiful headpiece!
good that you wore it! and the veil. such a young bride like you should always.
i was way to old - i had a colored, patterned dress with only a little hair deco. it was perfect :-)

Fiona Timantti said...

Beautiful headpiece!

Jessica Cangiano said...

Isn't it marvelous when you get really hooked on a new (or new-to-you) series? Last month Tony and I fell hard for Sons of Anarchy and raced through all of the sevens in the span of a couple of weeks.

♥ Jessica

ButterandBuntings said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the weekend. Ours involved peaches and game of thrones too! I went peach picking saturday and in the evenings we re watched season 3 of game of thrones to get excited about the new season coming soon! x

Miss Louise said...

Gorgeous pictures :)

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

The Black Opal said...

Beautiful thoughts on the wedding.

Gabriela Neves said...

own! i think this so cute

xx

cabecanasnuvensz.blogspot.com.br

Damaris // The cat, you and us said...

Very beautiful! Love the composition of the images playing with the mirror reflection. The headpiece is gorgeous! Love your words about letting it settle into its place.

kgirl said...

I did nearly the same as you, with regards to a veil!

I was adamant I wasn't having one, then my aunt produced my Mother's six foot silk tulle veil that she and two of my aunts all wore.

There was no way once I saw it that I wasn't wearing it and being part of the tradition!! So glad I did, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...