Thursday, 30 January 2014

under the shower, under the sea

blue-lights-bathroom a Here is my bathroom right now, half way through some changes. In fact, this is the view from my shower, after the sun has gone down and the lights have gone on. Before and afters are great but sometimes the progress can just be a little slow, and I like to see some stages! Painting this small, tall room a dark blue with a hint of green is the best paint choice I've ever made – although the forst month of a dazzling Australian summer with its walls painting crisp white helped make that decision for us: it was so blindingly, painfully bright you couldn't walk in there with your eyes open (far from ideal) and then one warm afternoon all our shampoo and what not bottles actually melted! So we knew a dark, strong colour was the way to go, and I could satisfy my dark-wall needs. I love that it feels like being under the sea in the best possible (breathing!) way. The little lights are like glint-y, watery bubbles on tumbling surf. I do love that I can have a dark, intense interior to contrast with my otherwise pale-coloured home. It speaks to the Victorian in me! Heavy dark woods, bold wallpapers, high ornate ceilings, huge fireplaces and bell jars of flora... yes please! Just maybe not in my cosy 1960's built place. Hmmm. blue-lights-bathroom b blue-lights-bathroom d blue-lights-bathroom c Just before Christmas we installed the corner shelf unit and changed the long mirror and now just need to touch up the dark blue paint over the space the old mirror left behind. It's so good having more shelving, even if it took about 30 seconds for me to fill them. At least now we have somewhere to keep bathmats! Very important business, that. Storage is a good, good thing!

11 comments:

ShyGirlBlogz said...

Aaahh! Blue ismy fave color and ur bathroom looks beautiful!! LOL is this weird? anyway, great blogpost! xx

http://freespiritmaiden.blogspot.in/

Miss Louise said...

Everything about your life seems so beautiful and whimsical; even your bathroom!! haha

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

It looks marvellous doll, I adore this colour...I have it in my home as well. The added lights are perfect for relaxing and forgetting the day!! Well done :) xx

Laura said...

this looks beautiful! xx

Authentic Alice said...

Such a nice idea for your bath room! I am moving house soon and can't wait to start putting my stamp on the place!!

Authentic Alice said...

Such a nice idea for your bath room! I am moving house soon and can't wait to start putting my stamp on the place!!

Kate-Em said...

Lovely photos, looks like a very glamorous bathroom!

Wild Tea Party said...

I'm in love with this. In love. The lights, the colour, it's just perfect!

esme and the laneway said...

Miss Louise : the power of pictures?! I do try :) but some things will always be not so fairy tale!



The Dainty Dolls House : isn't it such an awesome colour!

Authentic Alice : oh nice! Isn't it the best feeling being able to do that :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Immensely pretty bathroom paint colour choice. We opted for a deep medium blue in one of ours in our current house as well and I couldn't be happier with it. There's something immensely natural about being a room so tied to water and have blue all around you.

♥ Jessica

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

can't wait to see the end results. Love this! so far.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...