Monday, 13 January 2014

when boring things are (almost!) enjoyable and the start of a heatwave

babycat-fluffy-paw Happy Monday! I hope you have a nice start to your week. I always think this time of year feels a bit weird, and sometimes a bit of a slog; the holidays are well and truly over, and start to feel far away. But I'm also really excited now for new things this year, too. I've been sticking to my resolutions – or, I think, I prefer to call them plans, because they just are going to happen – and put a lot of thought into my cooking dinner every night last week. I took some photos too, kind of a warm up really!

I have a few posts I want to crack on with this week, and I can't wait to get started on them. John and I had a lovely weekend, caught up with some friends, and went on a bike ride in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. I also did some work for a little (no I'm not trying to say it cutely, it is just a small one!) project that I am working on this month and almost feel a bit nervous about it – it's a good thing, but it is a new method for me. So we'll see how it goes. I hope you like it! Today has been pretty hot and after an early run, I've so far been trying to tidy up at home. It honestly feels endless at the moment. You know when you need to sort and get rid of a tonne of stuff before you can even really get started? Well, I'm at that stage! I look around and feel like I've barely scratched the surface... The rest of the week is going to be over 40C and I'm so, so grateful I can stay home for all of it, safely in the air con. It also means I'll have plenty of time to really get stuck into some serious de-cluttering and so on – and no excuses! Personally I like how Babycat is handling the heat much better. She has the right idea!


The Dainty Dolls House said...

I hope you and Babycat survive the heat, bless! I like her idea too :) I've been doing some de-cluttering too, feels good :) Good luck with yours doll, have a lush week :) x

The girl in oslo said...

Oh so cute :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Aww, the sweet dear! Our girl, Stella, who typically sleeps less than most cats the whole year through, tends to take more naps during the summertime, too. I agree completely that we should follow these wise felines' leads and grab some extra zzz's when the mercury shoots through the roof, too.

♥ Jessica

Gracie said...

Weirdly I kind of like this time of year, I love plans & lists & new resolutions! I've stuck to mine so far too!

esme and the laneway said...

The Dainty Dolls House : thanks, you too!

The girl in oslo : she is!

Jessica Cangiano : cats bascially lead the best lives, don't they!

Gracie : oh, well done! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...