Thursday, 23 January 2014

yellow roses, coffees, and the first vintage dress of the year

yellow-rose-dress b I'll start by saying I cannot even believe it is Thursday already! I'm loving this perfect summer weather (Melbourne you can do it every now and then!) and I'm feeling really good about everything... amazing what some MILD sunshine does! I'm looking forward to the long weekend too. Three days of... actually I want to be a bit of a homebody and finish a couple of decorating projects that are half done. But I have to get out, too. Maybe they can be Sunday tasks!

Last Saturday was the day after the horrible heatwave, and three weeks after our wedding. I was still recovering from that heat poisoning (I'm going to call it that from now on, it's perfect!) and tied and pffu faced but was super chuffed to be able to wear a nice dress and makeup again. It felt like the first time in the longest time. John and I had a nice quiet couple-y day together, just going to a cafe that had reopened after the Christmas break, and had the most delicious salad that I really should try to recreate at home. It has quinoa and lentils in it, which seems like an extra bit of work, but it's soooooo good. Maybe next week?

I also really needed to get my hair cut and redo my colour so a huge bun was good - especially for a windy day! I just got my hair cut this morning and will colour it before next week. Freshly coloured hair always feels good but freshly cut hair feels amazing! I cant wait to start curling it again. It always look much better without dried ends that just want to go frizzy. two-coffees-please quinoa-lentil-salad john-wedding-ring I still love seeing John's wedding ring. (Also, I do have some wedding posts coming up.) hi-hi-bun Big bun, had to turn the camera sideways to fit it in! You know, I think an even bigger bun could happen. Mega bun! Super mega maxi bun! chicken-sandwich-from-heaven-apparently cafe-industrial-lights Their industrial lights are a little like the ones we have at home. I like how they don't completely match. yellow-rose-dress My dress is vintage and I got it last summer, and the shoes are from last summer too. It's pretty good knowing what you like and being able to wear things year after year. I wonder how many years I'll get out of them? bun-breeze

19 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

Golden yellow looks so ravishing with your colouring, sweetheart. This dress is a wonderful beauty - just like you.

♥ Jessica

Alexandra Marie said...

Beautiful dress! Love that bun too- adorable! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

you're so very pretty.

The girl in oslo said...

Such a great hair color you have sweety :)
Hi from Norway

Dulcie Emerson said...

You look SO stunning in the final picture :) Dulcie x

martinus said...

That salad looks delicious. We eat a lot of salads, but I get bored with them pretty quickly so I'm always looking for new ideas.

Elke said...

Lovely to hear about summer weather. Last year I needed to read about it, with our snow and cold and lack of sunshine. This year it's just lovely to read about summer weather, dresses and food. Those couple days are awesome, aren't they? Or evenings, lunches,... with children every moment of togetherness counts;)

Gracie said...

Right first off you're so beautiful girl! Second what pencil is in your eyebrows? Looks so good. And thirdly if you make that salad please let us know! I love quinoa & lentils, yum. Fourthly (!) why won't the frizz stay curled, waaah! P.s I can feel your happiness in this post, so nice, congrats again. x

Miss Louise said...

Ahh! Too cute! Can't wait until the wedding photos come out :) Congrats to the both of you!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I love your shoes!! And totally agreed that if you can recreate the salad and post the salad recipe, that would be amazing. I struggle to re-create "cafe quality" salads at home - especially delicious healthy ones. :D

-Rebecca
mn2nz.wordpress.com

Sarah said...

I just love your dress - yellow is my favourite colour! And I love your hair...how do the bun? Would love to try it my hair, but can't seem to get it right...even when using a hair donut!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

So beautiful...love the dress. It's perfect. I like to wear my hair in a bun especially in summer. And like everyone else, the recipe if you re-create the salad would be lovely, looks yummy!! x

Christine Kelly said...

Love the pic of you with the big bun!!

Antoinette said...

That dress is so very, very lovely! Love it.

Your hair looks great in the bun too. I have a question, (if you don't mind me asking?) Do you colour your own hair or get it done professionally? I'm thinking of doing it at home, (after years of professional colours - which is kind of a pain as I don't like going to the hairdresser and sitting there for HOURS). But as I have red-blonde hair, I'm not sure how tricky that is going to be...

Charis said...

Ohhh you look gorgeous... and I love those shoes!

Mélodie Nicolle said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time! Love that dress, so pretty! I love you with a bun, it looks so great on you ;) And that salad, deinitely looks delicious, you really should try it at home...and share it with us! ;)
xo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

Vickie said...

your hair looks gorgeous up in that big bun - the one thing I miss about long hair is being able to wear it up.

Tanya said...

I love how vintage you look!

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Kellie said...

Fabulous dress, amazing hair... and I love the adorable little cafe! So happy I came across your wonderful blog.

--K
Accordion to Kellie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...