Saturday, 1 February 2014

le weekend!

ersters First of all, thank you so much for your responses to my post about daring. I was really touched by the thought and honesty in those comments. It definitely deserves more discussion and attention very soon. There is kindness out there too!

After last weekend's anti-social-ness, this weekend is the complete opposite. Last night we had dinner at our friend's apartment, in the block where we used to live. There are four of us who used to all live next door to each other, and last night was the last dinner, a kind of end to an era. Three out of four of us moved out over the last few years, and now our friend is moving out of the block too. To our suburb! We've all ended up in the same area so the group is reunited after almost 5 years. So chuffed! Our friend is also an AMAZING cook and put on a real feast. She was the person who got me liking oysters, and now they are a kind of tradition for us. These ones were huge!

Today we have another friend's birthday, and tomorrow a christening for our nephew. It's nice to do the opposite with these things, it's refreshing! Less refreshing is the fact it's going to be very for the next few days, so our timing could have been better (I want to stay home and cling to my air con unit) but I think it will be worth it. There is always time for couch time later! And this is Babycat's brother. Isn't he handsome? From this angle I can see the resemblance to Babycat. I think he always thinks it is couch time. He and Babycat were best friends when they were growing up and we are going to re-introduce them soon. I hope they hug! They'll totally hug, right? They'll hug! babycat-has-a-brother-called-pudd


Selina said...

That cat is almost a twin!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Have a marvellous weekend doll xx

Jessica Cangiano said...

Eeeep! I want to give Babycat a belly rub so immensely bad! :)

It's interesting, isn't it, how activity tends to come in waves like that? I too find that my calendar is usually either quite free or all but triple booked.

Big hugs & joyful February wishes,
♥ Jessica

Fräulein K. said...

aw the cat is sooo cute. want to hug :)

Anna-Nathalie said...

Mmh oysters and soft kittys :)

esme and the laneway said...

Selina : haha well in some ways!

Jessica Cangiano : yes! I like the waves, much more interesting that way :)

Anna-Nathalie : it was perfect x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...