Tuesday, 25 March 2014

autumn days, sunshine, ducks – and John Paul Gaultier events

jpg-ngv b One sunny morning the week before last, I was invited along to the NGV for their announcement of their upcoming major summer show. And I was very excited to hear it is "The Fashion World of John Paul Gautier – From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk", as this is an exhibition I heard about several years ago, when it was in Montreal, as it featured Melissa Auf Der Maur. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one, although we'll have to wait for October.

In fact all the info is rather handily in this one photo! jpg-ngv a jpg-ngv c There were several of JPG's amazing dresses on display, so after all the speeches I had a quick look and snapped a few. I would love to see them a bit more close up. Actually, I want to know what that fabric feels like, as they remind me so much of beautiful 1940s dress and I want to see if they feel like them too, but that's the kind of behaviour that doesn't go down too well in a gallery, so I promise I'll be good. ngv-rainbow melbourne-skyline It was SUCH a glorious day I decided to make the most of it, and called John to see if he was free for a lunch time walk. He was, hurrah! flowers city a The walk down to his work is always nice. I go past the same flower shop every time. flowers city b And they always have amazing displays. blue-gardens a.jpg fountain We took a turn around the Treasury Gardens, watched the ducks on their waddle from the pond to a sunny patch of grass, and high fived each other about our cleverness at actually seeing each other in the middle a working day, which we really should do more of! blue-gardens c I didn't even mind the crazy wind. Autumn is here! (Although I did get a quick, and kind of awkward-lean-y, pic of my hair before I left the house, while it was still doing what it should.) xbluedress-deco-mirror

4 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

Beautiful park, dress and photos. I love how the verdant grass makes the blues in your outfit pop and shine all the more.

♥ Jessica

The Dainty Dolls House said...

What a fantastic event...I wouldn't mind having some of those pieces on display there ;-) You looked great, am glad the weather has cooled off for you now!! xx

WendyBee said...

You look gorgeous in that blue dress with your red hair! Great pics.

esme and the laneway said...

WendyBee : thank you! I do love the red hair clotheing colours combos :D

The Dainty Dolls House : thanks! they look soooo good. Can't wait to see the full exhibition. x And now I'm off to proper grey, cold London – m,y weather soul mate! :D haha!

Jessica Cangiano : thank you! Yes, it was so nice seeing some green grass after a long yellow grassed summer :) ps love your post on honeymooning in Italy! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...