Monday, 17 March 2014

palest pink and black

pink-black-belt c Happy Monday! Just a quick outfit post from me today: from last week, on a hot and sunny Autumn day. I love that it's cold enough to wear belts now. I love this pale pink dress too, and I know many of you will be familiar with it. (Actually, that's something I want to talk about, another time.) Back to this dress: I do love some soft pale pink, but I like it even better with some red, or, better still, some black. In fact pale pink and black might be one of my favourite colour pairings ever. Hmm, imagine a pale pink evening dress with black heels. Nice! pink-black-belt d When I wear such a classic vintage dress, shape, I often like to wear my hair a little less done, but sometimes timings decide for you. I'd set my hair the night before using a different pattern on the top and loved the wave and height, and instead of pinning it all up I kept it as it was. It was such a firm, bouncy set, I will definitely do it again. pink-black-belt f It feels really good to be going through my summer wardrobe for one last time – for now, obviously! Knowing that I get so many years of wear from my dresses is a good feeling, although I must admit I am more than ready to start getting ready for Autumn proper, and have had several online browsing sessions for the things I'd like to wear soon. Pencil skirts, lace, a sheer vintage blouse, a deep dark red lipstick... can't wait! But for now, I will enjoy the colourful cotton for that little bit longer. x pink-black-belt b

15 comments:

Boyer Family Singers said...

Such a stunning dress! You look absolutely fabulous, and your hair!! As you are longing to get into your Fall/Winter wardrobe, I'm longing to get out of it lol ;) The US hasn't been that kindly about warm weather as of late :) I can't wait for Spring!

-Charlotte
Boyer Family Singers

SheDreamsInPerfectFrench said...

Oh my god, your hair, the dress, everything! I'd love if you told us how to pin it the way you did!

Shani x
She Dreams in Perfect French

Abigail ~ said...

Such a pretty dress and photos! I love the lighting.
and your hair! Perhapts you can do a post on the set you used?
Best wishes for your new week and new season :)

~Abigail

http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

That second picture is a stunner!

Alexandra Marie said...

Your hair looks gorgeous and that dress- oh my word! Alex

tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Such a stunning dress, you look gorgeous!! xx

chicandfrog said...

Your dress looks so beatiful and those hairs!
I have a really pale complexion and I always refrain myself from wearing pink outfit, but you look really stunning!

Ambra

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I love pink and black together. It's such a classic combo. Reminds me of the colours i used to wear to ballet class :)

Sue said...

Wow!!! You look stunning! I super like the color and cut of your dress. Great choice indeed!

Anonymous said...

you look so gorgeous!!!, love pastel colors, I incorporate sometimes! kisses :)

Q's Daydream said...

LOVE! That dress is so gorgeous!

esme and the laneway said...

Boyer Family Singers : oh i hope it warms up for you soon! Totally understand the waiting feeling! :D

SheDreamsInPerfectFrench : thanks! I should do another hair post, I'll do one when I get back :)

Abigail : thanks! Lighting courtesy of Aus terrifying day time sun! hehe. I'll do a hair post when I get back, it's been too long! :)

Anonymous Katie : thank yoU!

Alexandra Marie L gosh thanks!

The Dainty Dolls House : thanks love! x

OpenID chicandfrog : it's funny, buy somehow I thinkit can really work on pale skin x especially with a red lip :)

Natalie_vintage_girl : oh yes, definitely, those little black shoes with the pale pink wraps! Ballet classes were fun, for the outfits anyway!

Sue : thanks very much! It's one of those vintage dresses that is really cut super flattering (more than they usually are, which is already a lot!) and a belt is always my friend..! x

Anonymous Anonymous : thanks! yes, pastels can still be good :D

Q's Daydream : thank you lady! x

Jessica Cangiano said...

Gloriously pretty photos! There is a modern day (with a vintage twist, naturally) fairy tale princess quality to that pale, sweet, immensely lovely dress.

♥ Jessica

Vickie said...

pale pink & black is such a lovely combination & that dress is beautiful :)

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Aaaa, can't wait for summer so I get to wear my dresses flowing freely in the wind again :D And heh, we seldom have it so hot that we couldn't wear belts. Well sometimes we do and then consider ourselves lucky ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...