Wednesday, 5 March 2014

steamy peach and a gauntlet laid

stormy roof Well this is a good day to post this as it is just as dark and stormy today! This is from a few Saturdays ago, when it was hot and steamy but very grey and dark. I wanted to share what it's like at this time of year in Melbourne, just pootling about on a Saturday, doing very normal things. I went to say "ordinary" there, but in Australian that means bad, and this wasn't bad at all – it was very enjoyable!

steamy-peach b.jpg I wore my vintage peach dress with the white stripes and added the little aqua belt as planned. The humidity was not doing my hair any favours, and neither was my centre parting. I must remember that I can only part my hair in the middle when it is a fair bit longer. Damn. In fact the humidity and heat weren't doing me any favours in general, and I can't remember which came first, my headache or my bad mood! Coffee is very much required in these circumstances. mixed-business We went, again, to our regular breakfast place, which long time readers will know is Mixed Business. Making a note to myself: try more places this winter! But it's easy to stick to the same thing when it is always good. And anwyay, I don't always like trying new things, as I don't want to waste my time on something that's not so good. Still, I think I can have a try every now and then! rain already The sky was dark, dark grey, but it wouldn't rain. floral-view These were more fun to look at. A bit of colour and cheer among the grey, what an amazing effect it does have after all! That said, I LOVE me some stormy skies... but I like it colder, too! sk dill I always, always have food envy with John. He picks savoury things, and, as part of my sudden note-to-self that I've deciding on literally as I type this, I am going to do that, too.

Ok, I am laying down the gauntlet: time to get out of my routines a little. I will let you know how it goes! steamy saturday street

6 comments:

Jessica Cangiano said...

That shade of warm, classic peach positively sings on you, dear gal!

♥ Jessica

Demi said...

Yes! I am loving the dark and stormy weather, it's so much cooler outside now as a result. Of course, the only problem up here in Brisbane is that when it's stormy that also means it's humid which means a ridiculous amount of weather-combating hair products..

Demi
http://carbonchic.com.au

The Dainty Dolls House said...

You look marvellous...love the dress & your hair looks great...I will take your hair in humidity over mine any day, haha. Food....yum!! x

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

love the colour of that belt.

wardrobeexperience said...

you looked so pretty in your peach coloured dress ...

Bec said...

How good is mixed business?!? I'm always a savoury gal and if I ever feel crazy and order something sweet like pancakes or muesli I regret it instantly! Gah, choices!
Bec x
www.dancingthroughsunday.typepad.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...