Tuesday, 11 March 2014

tuesday beauty: pink blusher

pale-pink-matte-blusher a In the city the other morning for an early meeting, I decided to pop into both the Myer and the David Jones makeup floors for a quick shop. There were a couple of things on my list, even though I'm counting on buying things when I'm in London, where it'll be much cheaper – and hopefully much nicer, as both Myer's and David Jones' makeup floors are somewhat lacking in a number of ways – but I only came home with one (the others had all sold out, which is yay and boo and the same time, really), a pale pink blusher that I've had on my list of wanties for ages.

pale-pink-matte-blusher f I really like the matte, highly pigmented blushers from Illamasqua and was after a paler pink for winter, to wear on very pale powdered skin, and the colour Katie fits that bill. It is the perfect light, doll-like powder pink I was looking for. It goes on quite strong but can work well in smaller amounts for a softer look, too, and I'm already using it even though I'm not wearing foundation or face powder again yet and I actually bought this colour for a more made up look. But whenever I get new makeup I want to use it straight away!

Next on my list is a powder highlighter and perhaps a new foundation. What's on your makeup want list for the next season? pale-pink-matte-blusher d

10 comments:

Harlow Darling said...

Illamasqua make great blushes - I actually prefer their blush to MAC's blush! I want to try their eye shadow next! Also I agree, the Myer/David Jones makeup counter is not so fun to shop at...I don't like the neon lighting and unkempt makeup displays...oh and how they don't like putting prices on some things so you have to ask - awkward :P

Sophie said...

This look so pretty and has been popped straight on my make up list!
Sophie
X

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

the new limecrime velveteen in wicked, some carousel glosses by limecrime, some more maybeline colour tattoo eyeshadows, a black mascara, some china doll glaze nail polish for nail stamping and some silver liquid liner. lol. I have a long list.

Gracie said...

If you go to Boots (if you're going to the UK?) then check out the Real Techniques brushes. Strongly pigmented blush isn't an issue with their blusher brush, it only picks up an ever so slight amount so you can build it up. I love their brushes and they are far more reasonably priced than Mac & all the rest. That colour looks lovely!

esme and the laneway said...

Harlow Darling : they're both so bad, dusty displays, disinterested staff, deliveries all over the place during open hours..! Not great at all, haha. I'm curious about the shadows too; I get kind of brand loyal and think that if one thing they do is great, then the rest must be – of course it doesn't always work out..!

Sophie : yay! I would chose this one if I could only have one pink blusher :) Let me know if you like it or not too! x

Natalie_vintage_girl : oh yes the Wicked, I can't wait for that! I love their glosses too (I have a couple, just don't wear them enough) and they do a god silver liner but from memory it's not waterproof, which might or might not be a problem... haha yes, I love a long makeup list! x

Gracie : oh I am, and I will! Miss Boots SO much. I could do with some new brushes too, so these sounds perf!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

This is a very pretty pink blush, it would sadly be too light for me, but I love it anyways!! Will look great on you. I am needing some new eyeshadows and maybe a new lip colour, I need something dark enough to show up on my lips and not look scary, haha! With a mixed skin colour, its not always so easy to find things, but it is fun to try them out at the beauty counters :)) xx

Jessica Cangiano said...

Very lovely colour! My checks (and skin in general), while quite pale, have a fair bit of natural pink in them, so I don't wear blush all the time. When I do though, I've found through oodles of trial and error, that a fairy matte dusty rose veering towards muted carnation is the best shade for me. Lighter hues don't show up or look costume-y and darker ones channel the 1980s or worse, a clown! :)

♥ Jessica

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

yes i'm debating where to get the liner from. i'm not used to one on the end of a wand. I'm more of a gel or pen liner girl, but i haven't seen any of those in a metallic shade yet

Taygan said...

Oh I looooove Illamasqua! I have both their pressed and loose powder and they are absolutely fantastic. Also love that they lowered their prices in Australia to combat the ridiculous inflation that cosmetic retailers always hit us with!

Miss Louise said...

I literally gasped when I saw that shade!! Definitely adding this to my current beauty wishlist! :) Currently though, I have my eye on a Burberry and EsteƩ Lauder lipstick... haha, my poor wallet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...