Tuesday, 20 May 2014

tuesday beauty: Lime Crime Velvetine in Wicked

limecrime-velvetine-wicked f Hello and happy Tuesday! Sorry this post is a bit late and I've been a bit slack with my posting. I was a bit rundown and had a rash on my arms and face and that is not conducive to much at all, really!

limecrime-velvetine-wicked d limecrime-velvetine-wicked c limecrime-velvetine-wicked g

Still, much better now. I bought Lime Crime's Wicked Velvetine just before I went away, and it shipped when I was back so I probably could have waited till I returned, but I wanted to make sure I got it before it sold out. Lime Crime's Velvetines in Red Velvet and Pink Velvet are basically my favourite lip sticks of All. Time. and I've been looking for a very dark red for ages – literally years – so when I saw they had this darker red coming out, I was very excited. (It's ok, Babycat wasn't as excited and she didn't sniff or lick or bite the wand! She just gave it a stern look.)

limecrime-velvetine-wicked h And I am happy to say it is AWESOME! There was a tiny worry at the back of my mind that it might be too purple/blue, which wasn't what I was looking for, and then when it arrived and I opened it I thought it might be too dark pink-y-ish, but I needn't have worried about either. It is a perfect, for me, very dark wine-y red with pink undertones, although I do find it a bit lighter than in the website pics. But. Love it.

One thing I've noticed is that the texture of it is a little different to my Red and Pink Velvelts; it's a tiny bit thinner, and feels a bit stickier. It also doesn't last in the same way as those first two do. But please, do note that I am being *extremely* picky about this. It is still SO good, and I will definitely be buying it again when this one runs out – although they seem to last for ages. I bought two Red Velvets way back when, and am still on the first tube even after using it as my go-to everyday lip stick as much as I have. So. Praises for this sung loudly! limecrime-velvetine-wicked e
And because there has been so much Serious Face in this post we need some silly smiley pics. And Babycat was more than happy to help Mummy take some! limecrime-velvetine-wicked k

19 comments:

Angela said...

Arughhh you look so gorgeous! I bought Wicked the moment it came out! I loved Suedeberry and Red Velvet so much. you're definitely right it is a bit thinner, what works for me in setting it and giving it a really nice velvety feel is a dusting of HD powder(Makeup forever or similar). Yes it is that dreadful white stuff celebrities always get caught not blending properly but it makes the pigment last longer and feel less tacky. :)

XX
Angela

Konad-licious said...

I was once a fan of Lime Crime all day lippies but have since changed to the Stila all day lipsticks. I have found them so much nicer to wear and they don't dry your lips out. Stila do not have a dark wine red unfortunately, but their Fiery is close enough for me.

Hannah Spanner said...

Ohh looks gorgeous on you, I've been trying to find a dark one for yonks xxx

Marianna Chalkiadaki said...

I thought it would look more like a brownish red but it looks to be just the perfect deep red! It's amazing on you!

Helen Mae said...

That colour looks incredible on you!!

Natalie_vintage_girl said...

I got this too and I absolutely love it. I love the carousel glosses too! I really hope doe expands that line, because they are so good!!! Lovely pics :)

Kizzy Von Doll said...

I still have yet to try these Lime Crime lippies, I will have to do it soon as I've read a lot of good things about them. I quite enjoy the colour you have on as well. I hope the rash gets better. Such a sweet kitty :)) xx

Miss Louise said...

ohhhh nelly I want this...It's basically summer and all I can think about is this gorgeous vampy shade!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

esme and the laneway said...

 Angela : lol I saw some shockers of celebs with white powder mis-haps lately! I’ve not done the powder thing, does it feel weird? I think it would feel weird? I kind of hate feeling anything on my face to begin with (didn’t wear mascara for years because of it!)



 Konad-licious :I have heard good things about Stilla lip pies, I should try them out. I don;t have any probe with LC being dying or anything like that, though – I find them super comfy!



 Hannah Spanner : thanks – why are dark lipsticks (good ones at least!) so rare?!



 Marianna Chalkiadaki thanks – yes, it’s not brownish at all but I actually sometimes think I would try a brownish-red one… so 1990s! Well, I missed out the first time..!



 Helen Mae : thank you! I seem to have a face for goth-lite haha!



 Natalie_vintage_girl : oh cool, and same here! I should wear my glosses more often. What colours would you want? I want to try a nude-beige gloss atm, but a really opaque one…



 Kizzy Von Doll : thanks – only on the legs today! I can hand on heart say the LC ones are worth it – the Red Velvet is AMAZING. I cannot imagine how it could even be better tbh.



 Miss Louise : lol I did that all summer too! Dark lips and pale powdered faces!

esme and the laneway said...

ps I have no idea what those tiny symbols are..?!

Miss Emmi said...

Did you ever work out what was triggering your eye rashes? I'm dealing with one on my eyelid for the past 4-6 weeks and it's a nightmare.

PS gorg as always

esme and the laneway said...

Miss Emmi : I did – it was my eye makeup remover! It's fine now as long as I rinse it off really well as soon as I've used it. All fine now, phew! (I tried other brands of eye makeup remover but was sensitive to them immediately, argh!)

Lorna Sharp said...

Loving it .
I already wanted to buy this one or the Salem one... But this looks...
Wicked.
Okay simple I knooow haha ;)
Xxx
Lorna

Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Theresa W. said...

A friend just recommended Lime Crime last night, and here I am reading your post on it. It's meant to be!

_eryn_elizabeth said...

Ah! Must try this color!

Thistle Jones said...

This color looks as if it was designed for you- it suits you so perfectly! I'm dying to give Lime Crime a shot. What do you think is a good starting product from them?

esme and the laneway said...

Lorna Sharp : lol I like it, I was doing that too with the name! :D I think I now want to try Salem, but am a bit scared of brown – that's why I like this one as it's super dark without going into more unusual colour territory, if that makes sense? I think the black one looks ace too, but I might look too scary/left of centre in it.

Anonymous Theresa W. : do it! Can't receommend them enough!

_eryn_elizabeth : oh let me know if you do!

Thistle Jones : thanks! I think from the Velvetines, the Red Velvet colour is the most wearable – it is honestly the best red I've ever worn. (for comparison, I love MAC's Lady Danger and Russian Red for the yellow/blue red respectively). I think it's the easiest to wear. I love the Suedeberry too, but it looks bad with my current hair colour and really horrible (lol) with my red hair – only worked with my blonde/pastels! The Pink Velvet is a great pink, too, with enough yellow to stop it being too, I don't know, maybe too Barbie pink, if you know what I mean? Hope that helps a bit.

Kahani said...

Wow you look absolutely lovely. And you remind me a lot of Karen Gillan. Anyone else here a Dr Who fan? What say you?

tors grantham said...

Ah red lipstick, I both love and loathe it. I've never managed to find one I liked the look of on myself so I fulfil that love by loving it on everyone else instead and my goodness, this one looks fab on you! I may have to get over myself and give this one a go, darker reds are fantastic, especially in the cooler months which, let's face it, is pretty much every month over here ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...