Wednesday, 25 June 2014

two new vintage hats

dusty mirror I cannot believe it is Wednesday evening already and I am getting dinner ready (tortillas) but I did have a good find today and am a bit excited about it. On the way home from buying coffee beans, I had a quick look in an op shop – I'm hoping for long cardigans, and possibly a jumpsuit, but then that's another story – and just before I left, I spotted these hats on a rack at the very back, each for the price of a cup of coffee. Above is the first one, and me enjoying the rare rays of sunlight we had late this afternoon picking up on the dust on my mirror. (It makes it look worse than it is!) two-vintage-hats b It has been really cold, rainy, and windy these past few days, and for my expedition stepping over blown down trees and fences, I wore my vintage hat, which is fluffy like a teddy bear and almost as soft to pat as Babycat. (And a big coat too, obviously!) It also might have had something to do with the fact I really need to colour my hair (the bits that are red underneath the brown need re-matching to my regrowth as it fades) and I can't be bothered – oh, the joy of the difference being so minimal, it's just not urgent – and the secondary problem that I washed, but didn't set, my hair last night. two-vintage-hats a So, I like to think that wearing my fluffy Russian Polar Bear Princess hat helped with the op shop good luck fairies. Or then again, maybe not. Whatever, I am rather pleased. The first, my favourite, is a two tone golden cinnamon and brown one with a bow at the back, and has a great label inside. The second one is like a smaller, more golden version of my fluffy one, and has the previous owner's name label sewn inside. Can't wait to wear them! jacoll hat label

7 comments:

Kizzy Von Doll said...

You look lovely doll, the hat is so cute on you. Have been after a hat like that for a while, must remember before winter comes back around :)) xx

januarysublime said...

We love a good fur hat, such a bold fashion statement on their own!
England is reaching it's 'summer' at the moment though so I have to wait a few more months before one sports my head.

JS xx
http://januarysublime.co.uk

Jessica Cangiano said...

Fantastic finds!!! The brown felt one in particular is making my vintage hat loving heart skip a beat.

♥ Jessica

Bri Hunter said...

Last summer I found a perfect giant Russian fur hat, and I didn't get it because I was so caught up in lovely warm weather. I've been kicking myself ever since. Maybe this is a sign? If I go thrifting/antiquing like I want to, then today could be the dayyy! Wish me luck! xx

Laura said...

all the hats look so pretty! xx

Li Ree said...

I'm LOVING that fluffy Russian styled hat! How Cool :-)

Ally said...

Which shop was this, exactly? And, more importantly, do they have more hats? :P

There is one op shop in my town, near Bendigo, that often has fantastic hats, but I always seem to hesitate over buying them, leave, decide I must have them, and come back only to find they've disappeared :(

I did manage to get my hands on one I've dubbed my Lady Explorer hat: http://alexandrahallam.com/2014/03/12/lady-explorer/

And even better, I've just inherited a lovely box of hats from my grandma! No fantastically fuzzy ones like yours though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...